Have you ever wished you could hit like a pro? Do you wish to maximise your hitting ability? Is it your goal to find other people who share your love of hitting and play with them? If you replied “yes” to any of these questions, then Lucas Kephart, the creator and lead trainer of The Hitter’s Lab, is someone you should talk to.
You won’t find a batting coach like Lucas Kephart anywhere else. He has experience as both a professional scout for a big league club and as a college player who worked as a student assistant for one of the best college baseball coaches in history. His approach to striking is informed by analytics, research, and lessons garnered from working with some of the sport’s brightest brains and most accomplished players. The Hitter’s Lab is an online swing training and hitting school he developed to assist players of all ability levels hit for more power and hit with more confidence.
This article will discuss Kephart’s journey to founding The Hitter’s Lab, the advantages of enrolling in his programme, and the achievements of some of his pupils. Your knowledge of Lucas Kephart, his hitting philosophy, and your ability to join his revolution will all increase by the time you reach the conclusion of this article.
How Lucas Kephart Developed His Hitting Philosophy
Baseball was in Lucas Kephart’s blood. He spent his childhood training for a career as a professional athlete by playing the game. He spent two years as an infielder for Texas A&M University. He subsequently went on to play for two more years at Cal State Fullerton, this time under famed coach Augie Garrido.
As a collegiate baseball coach, Garrido is among the all-time greats. Over the course of his coaching career, he won more than 1,900 games and five national titles. Mark Kotsay, Phil Nevin, Justin Turner, and many more were among the stars he mentored. His unusual coaching style was well-known, and it focused on developing players’ mental toughness, situational awareness, and team cohesion.
Not only about hitting, but about life in general, Lucas Kephart picked up a lot of wisdom from Garrido. He credits Garrido for teaching him to lead, deal with setbacks, and enjoy the game more. After Kephart earned his kinesiology degree from Cal State Fullerton in 2012, he worked as a student assistant for two years under Garrido. He assisted with hitting and infield instruction and opponent scouting.
Lucas Kephart was hired as a professional scout for the Los Angeles Angels in 2014. He was in charge of scouting prospects at the lower levels of professional baseball and the independent circuit, reporting his findings to the executive office. He felt that scouting helped him grow as a baseball player since it gave him exposure to a wide range of players and competition.
Lucas Kephart, however, discovered that he much enjoyed instructing and coaching batters. After much thought, he made the choice to become a hitting teacher full-time. He first began teaching individuals privately in his neighbourhood. In addition, he started learning the biomechanics, physics, and analytics of hitting. He said he was interested in gathering as much information as possible regarding striking from as many angles as possible.
He educated himself via media (books, films, seminars, and professionals). Numerous coaches, including Troy Silva (Rijo Athletics), Matt Lisle (The Hitting Vault), Eugene Bleecker (108 Performance), Bobby Tewksbary (Tewks Hitting), and many more, were among his teachers. OnBaseU (a biomechanical evaluation system), Blast Motion (a swing sensor and app), Rapsodo (a pitch monitoring gadget), and other technological aids were used.
What The Hitter’s Lab Offers To Its Members
The Hitter’s Lab is an interactive platform where users may get access to:
- The Ultimate Hitter’s Blueprint: The Ultimate Hitter’s Blueprint is a comprehensive video training programme that teaches striking techniques from the ground up. There are many lessons and tests in each of the 12 modules that make up this course. Content covered in the modules includes posture, grip, load, stride, swing path, contact point, extension, finish, timing, pitch detection, strategy, and mental preparation. Bonus resources, such as drills, exercises, and advice, are also a part of the course.
- Personalized Feedback and Analysis: Members may upload videos of their swings and get extensive feedback and analysis from Kephart via a tool called Personalised Feedback and Analysis. Lucas Kephart will analyse the mechanics of the swing, highlight the strengths and weaknesses, and provide advice for development. He plans on using apps like Blast Motion and Rapsodo to record and analyse swing data and results.
- Live Q&A Sessions: Members may ask Kephart any hitting-related question during live video chats called “Live Q&A Sessions.” With his own swing or other players as examples, Lucas Kephart will answer questions and teach the basics in real time. He will also provide commentary and instruction on a wide range of hitting-related topics.
- Drill Sequences: Members may use the Drill Sequences tool to access a collection of drills tailored towards enhancing hitters’ abilities and performance. The drill sets are organised in three distinct levels (beginning, intermediate, and advanced) and three distinct categories (power, consistency, and confidence). Instructions, videos, and levels of difficulty are all included in the drill sequences.
- Community: Connecting individuals with others who share a love of hitting is what we mean by “community.” Members may publish their films, ask each other questions, provide constructive criticism, report on their progress, and provide moral support in a closed Facebook group. Members may also take part in various competitions, challenges, and rewards.
When compared to similar online hitting programmes, The Hitter’s Lab stands out for various reasons:
- The Hitter’s Lab is competitive with other online hitting programmes in terms of price. The cost of membership is $29.99 per month or $299.99 per year. You may learn a lot more for your money with The Hitter’s Lab than you would with individual lessons or any other online school.
- Membership at The Hitter’s Lab may be cancelled or rescheduled at the member’s discretion. Participants may log in from any internet-connected device, at any time. They have the freedom to study whenever and when they choose. They have the freedom to choose and select the exercises and material that best serves them. They have the option to stop or terminate their subscription at any time.
- The Hitter’s Lab is a hub for its user community and much more besides. It’s a group of serious hitters that are dedicated to helping each other improve. Kephart and the other members may share their knowledge and expertise with the group. The social support and additional drive of a group setting might be beneficial to them as well.
What Are Some Of The Success Stories Of Kephart’s Students
Hundreds of hitters of all ages and experience levels have found success and confidence at The Hitter’s Lab. Some of Kephart’s pupils’ praise and successes are included here.
- Tyler Ward (Rocklin High School): Senior outfielder of Rocklin High School, Tyler Ward signed up with The Hitter’s Lab in 2022. He saw improvements in his bat speed, exit velocity, launch angle, and hard-hit % after using The Hitter’s Lab. He said that he honed his hitting skills by practising at various stadiums and against different pitchers. In only one season, he raised his batting average from.250 to.375. In 25 games, he played, he hit 10 home runs and drove in 35 runs. Several universities extended offers, but he ultimately decided to enrol at Sacramento State.
- Jake Redding (Lincoln High School): Junior catcher Jake Redding from Lincoln High School, Jake has been a member of The Hitter’s Lab since the year 2022. He credits The Hitter’s Lab for helping him perfect his swing and increase its efficiency and power. He said that he has picked up on how to modify his strategy depending on the pitcher and the score. In only one season, he raised his batting average from.280 to.410. In the same 22 games, he added 12 doubles, 6 triples, 4 homers, and 28 RBIs. Several collegiate teams showed interest, and he was selected the league’s Most Valuable Player.
In this article, we got to know Lucas Kephart, the creator and lead teacher of The Hitter’s Lab, an online swing training and hitting school that is designed to assist players of all experience levels raise their swing speed, bat speed, and overall hitting performance. We have looked at the scientific, empirical, and experiential foundations of Kephart’s hitting philosophy. What The Hitter’s Lab provides its members with, such as the Ultimate Hitter’s Blueprint video course, individualised feedback and analysis, live Q&A sessions, practise sequences, and more, has also been outlined.
You may get a free trial membership to The Hitter’s Lab and start studying with Lucas Kephart right now by visiting his website. The first lesson of the Ultimate Hitter’s Blueprint video course is yours to watch, along with a taste of the program’s customised feedback and analysis. In addition, you’ll be invited to join a closed Facebook group where you may chat with other members.
You Can Also Read Here Sanjit Bhattacharya: A Entrepreneur with a Passion for Renewable Energy